ACSR Conductor is applied for large span overhead transmission and distribution lines or overhead ground wire of lines. Temperature for continuous use can be up to 75 ℃. Used as bare overhead transmission conductor and as primary and secondary distribution conductor and messenger support. ACSR offers optimal strength for line design. Variable steel core stranding enables desired strength to be achieved without sacrificing ampacity. ACSR bare conductor meets or exceeds the following ASTM specifications:
:>B230 Aluminum 1350-H19 Wire for Electrical Purposes.
:>B232 Concentric-Lay-Stranded Aluminum Conductors, Coated-Steel Reinforced (ACSR).
:>B498 Zinc-Coated (Galvanized) Steel Core Wire for Use in Overhead Electrical Conductors.
:>B500 Metallic Coated Stranded Steel Core for Use in Overhead Electrical Conductors.
Best Suited for transmission line with long spans.
High Tensile Strength
Better Sag Properties
• Aluminum 1350-H19 wires, concentrically stranded about a steel
core. Standard core wire for ACSR is class- A galvanized.
• Class A core stranding is also available in zinc-5% aluminum-
mischmetal alloy coating.
• Additional corrosion protection is available through the application of
grease to the core or infusion of the complete cable with grease.
• ACSR conductor is also available in non-specular
ACSR/AW (Aluminum Conductor. Aluminum-Clad Steel Reinforced
ACSR/AW offers strength characteristics similar to ACSR, along with slightly greater ampacity and resistance to corrosion due to aluminum-cladding of the steel core wires.
Shashi Cables ACSR/AW bare conductor meets or exceeds the following ASTM specifications:
• B230 Aluminum 1350-H19 Wire for Electrical Purposes.
• B502 Aluminum-Clad Steel Core Wire for Use in Overhead Electrical Aluminum Conductors.
• B549 Concentric-Lay Stranded Aluminum Conductors, Aluminum-Clad Steel Reinforced for Use in Overhead Electrical Conductors.
Aluminum 1350-H19 wires, concentrically stranded about an aluminum-clad steel core.
ACSR/TW (Aluminum Conductor Steel Reinforced Trapezoidal Shaped Aluminum Strands)
ACSR/TW offers two designs: Equal Area or Equal Diameter when compared to standard round ACSR. Equal area designs allow comparable ampacity in a smaller diameter conductor when compared to a standard round ACSR. Equal diameter designs allow more ampacity and strength in an equal diameter conductor when compared to a standard round ACSR. ACSR/TW features reduced drag characteristics, low wind and ice loading parameters, high breaking load & better sag properties. Shaped Wire Compact Concentric-Lay-Stranded Aluminum Conductor, Steel-Reinforced (ACSR/TW) is a concentrically stranded conductor , made with trapezoidal-shaped 1350-H19 wires over a high strength steel core.
Reduced drag characteristics
Low wind and ice loading parameters
high breaking load & better sag properties
suitable for remote applications involving long spans
• Also available in zinc-5% aluminum-mischmetal alloy coating or aluminum-clad (AW)
• Additional corrosion protection is available through the application of grease to the core or complete conductor.
• Also available in non-specular